The Bambino sets the mark for the Mick to chase down1921-32 Babe Ruth World Series Home Run Games Ticket Stub Complete Run Display with Autograph. A blast to deep right field in the bottom of the ninth broke a one-one tie in the third game of the 1964 World Series, giving the Yankees a walk-off victory over the St. Louis Cardinals and earning Mickey Mantle sole ownership of the Fall Classic home run title. The man from whom he claimed the throne is honored here in the only known complete assembly of ticket stubs for Babe Ruth's fifteen World Series homers. Remarkably, the Babe compiled the impressive tally in just nine separate games of action, which are represented as follows:
· 1921 Game Four: Home Run #1 vs. New York Giants at the Polo Grounds, SGC Authentic.
· 1923 Game Two: Home Runs #2-3 vs. New York Giants at the Polo Grounds, SGC Authentic.
· 1923 Game Six: Home Run #4 vs. New York Giants at the Polo Grounds, PSA EX-MT 6.
· 1926 Game Four: Home Runs #5-7 vs. St. Louis Cardinals at Sportsman's Park, PSA VG 3.
· 1926 Game Seven: Home Run #8 vs. St. Louis Cardinals at Yankee Stadium, SGC Authentic.
· 1927 Game Three: Home Run #9 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates at Yankee Stadium, PSA Authentic.
· 1927 Game Four: Home Run #10 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates at Yankee Stadium, SGC Authentic.
· 1928 Game Four: Home Runs #11-13 vs. St. Louis Cardinals at Sportsman's Park, SGC Authentic.
· 1932 Game Three: Home Runs #14-15 vs. Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field, PSA VG 3.
Particularly notable entries include the 1921 stub, with known examples counted on a single hand with fingers to spare. The 1923 representations are nearly as scarce. We also note that the first Championship clinchers for the Yankees (1923) and Cardinals (1926) franchises are counted among the stubs offered, as is Ruth's fabled "Called Shot," the final stub in the grouping. The second (1927) and third (1928) Yankee Championship clinchers are here too. The slabbed tickets are professionally framed with a marvelous 11x14" modern print of a classic photograph and a 9/10 pencil autograph on a white album page. An earlier offering of this ticket run, unframed and lacking a Ruth autograph, commanded $77,675 in August 2013. Framed dimensions 30x30". Full LOA from PSA/DNA (autograph).Full LOA from James Spence Authentication (autograph).
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Framed - with Glass, Large (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Bids + Registered Phone Bidders: 7
Lot Tracking Activity: N/A
Page Views: 1,082
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
Viewing at %
Please enter a value between % and 100% and press your "Enter" key. CloseFit to screen View Full Size Brightness
Opens about 01/02/2018
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
From the outset and my initial contact with you at Heritage I have been treated courteously. You have taken extra care in assuring me that the experience would be a positive one.View More Testimonials
2017 December 10 Yankee Legends Collection Sports - Dallas
REALIZED SO FAR $3,846,977