How To Pack and Ship Your Sports Collectibles
How to pack and ship your items
This is one of the most secure methods of shipping your valuables. With this service you can purchase up to $25,000 worth of insurance. As with any form of shipping there are a few guidelines we recommend you follow.
- Securely pack your material inside the box. Make sure your
items cannot move around. Remember that the package can encounter
very rough treatment during shipping. The more packaging material
between the items and box the better.
- Place this box inside of another box. Once again use plenty of
packaging material (bubble wrap, packing peanuts). You want the
box to be completely surrounded by the packing material you use.
- Per USPS guidelines you must cover every seam on the box with
craft paper tape. We recommend the fiberglass reinforced paper
tape. You cannot use regular plastic tape.
- Address the package and affix the proper labels from the post
office. Label the package in a manner that does not indicate that
there is value inside. Do not use words such as "antiques",
"collectibles", "rare coins", or "fine art".
- Take the package to the post office and get the forms for
registered mail. Purchase enough insurance to cover the value of
your shipment. You can insure a shipment worth up to $25,000. If
your package is worth more than that you must send multiple packages.
- The window clerk will give you a receipt for the package. This
receipt should have a round stamp which details when the package
was accepted and which station accepted it. If something happens
to the package this information is VERY important.
Opens about 05/22/2017
Opens about 05/29/2017
Opens about 06/02/2017
World & Ancient Coins
Opens about 05/30/2017
Opens about 06/02/2017
Fine & Rare Wine
Opens about 06/05/2017
Jewelry & Timepieces
Opens about 05/26/2017
Opens about 06/06/2017
Opens about 06/08/2017
Comics & Comic Art
Opens about 06/12/2017
Opens about 06/16/2017
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
Another major house refused the work stating it was too unique for the artist. Heritage saw that as an advantage!View More Testimonials