2008 Philadelphia Phillies World Series Championship Ring....
|Sold for:||Sign-in or Join (free & quick)|
|Offers to date:||
$31,000 on October 22, 2014
|Claim Item:||Sign-in or Join (free & quick)|
|Auction Ended On:||Feb 23, 2013|
8 Internet/mail/phone bidders
1,559 page views
Ukrainian Institute of America at The Fletcher-Sinclair Mansion
2 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10075
The largest Major League Baseball ring of all time?2008 Philadelphia Phillies World Series Championship Ring. When commemorating the greatest achievement in professional baseball, it's no time for understatement. But lest you think that this stunning assemblage of white gold, rubies and diamonds is nothing more than "bling for bling's sake," the jeweler "Masters of Design" provided along with each ring an information card that explains the method to their madness. We transcribe those finer points here:
* The ring is 14 karat white gold and contains 103 diamonds totaling 3.84 karats.
* The 103 diamonds represent the 92 regular season and 11 post-season wins for the Phillies in 2008.
* The top of the ring is crowned with a ruby inlay and the Phillies signature "P." The Phillies "P" is inset with diamonds and sits upon a panel of pavé set bright cut diamonds. The title "World Champions" is written along the ring's top and bottom outer rim which is also bordered in diamonds.
* The left side of the ring features the team's name, Phillies, written in script across the front of the City of Philadelphia's most identifiable landmark, the Liberty Bell. This clearly recognizable team logo bespeaks the close ties between the ball club and its hometown. The bell and clangor are inlaid with 11 diamonds, symbolic of the team's 11 wins in the post-season. Your name is written prominently above the bell. Crossed bats, representative of your career with the Phillies, appear directly beneath the bell.
* Our championship year, 2008, stands out across the top of the right side of the ring. Two diamond baguettes have been placed within the zeros to signify the club's two world championships. The World Series trophy rising out of Citizens Bank Park signifies the tremendous support of our fans who cheered their team on throughout the entire 2008 regular season and post-season games. The 2008 World Series team logos and final score in games (4-1) are noted on either side of the trophy.
The size ten and a half ring is identical to those awarded to the likes of Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Jimmy Rollins and Cole Hamels, and you can be sure those gentlemen won't be surrendering their personal models anytime soon. The ring is housed in its original cherry wood and etched glass display box, still affixed with the identification label assigning it to the Citizens Bank Park security officer to whom it was originally presented. Weight is approximately eighty-three grams. A rare opportunity for the devout Phillies fan. LOA from PSA/DNA. Letter of provenance from original recipient.
*A donation of $100 to the American Red Cross is required to attend the Live auction.
Service and Handling Description: Jewelry & Watches (view shipping information)
Find Auction Prices for Comparable Items: