We are proud to provide our Heritage Live! software on all auctions marked as
This software allows you to participate in a live Heritage auction from the comfort of your home or office over the
Internet. You will be able to browse and BID LIVE during the auction event against other Internet bidders and
Heritage Live! will be featured on all Signature (and Signature Session), Grand Format & Platinum Auctions,
most offering both live streaming audio and video.
To participate, please go to www.HA.com/Live during the live portion of the auction.
Just enter your Heritage user name and password, and you can use the new Heritage Live! software to begin bidding.
We strongly suggest you leave proxy bids at www.HA.com before the live session in the event either side experiences
internet problems during the live auction.
First, a peek at the Heritage Live! interface layout:
- This section allows you to quickly view the current lot number, number of lots completed and a progress bar indicating auction progress!
- The image of the current lot.
- Tabs used to help organize the auction activities:
- Live! shows all of the lots in the auction.
- MyBids/MyTrackedLots shows the lots you are bidding on and the ones you have marked to track.
- RealizedPrices shows the auction results as they happen and provides a quick link to lots still available as a Post-Auction Buy.
- A complete listing of the upcoming lots for the session.
- Current Lot Information shows the current sale, session and details pertaining to the current lot.
- Bid button turns red when you are outbid and grey (not able to click) when you are winning.
The next bid information is adjacent to the button.
Note: if you are only watching the auction you can click the "Disable Live Bidding" button, preventing you from accidently bidding.
- LiveHelp opens a chat window that allows you to communicate with a customer service representative.
Click the "close" link to hide the chat window.
- The Live Video window where you can watch the auction live.
Below the video screen are controls for: Stopping the video which can be used in low band
width situation; audio volume control for mute: ; increase
volume and decrease volume .
- Message Log. All bidding activity and bid sources, e.g., Floor, Mail, HeritageLive, etc., are displayed in this window.
- Proxy bidding section. You can place LiveProxy bids on all upcoming lots.
LiveProxy bids bid live for you and will NOT compete against any other bids you have placed.
To go to Heritage Live!, type in "HA.com/live" into your browser's address window, or simply click on the
Sign in using your membership information, then choose the auction you wish to participate in.
When you see the
icon, the auction is open for bidding or the for Proxy bidding at HA.com. See example below:
To bid live, watch as the lots pass, and when an item you like comes up just click on the red Bid Button.
Your live bid will be communicated to the auction floor.
Watch the "Real Time Auction Information" log to ensure that your live bid was accepted; after all, there may be floor bidders and other
HA.com/Live bidders interested in the same lot!
When your bid is accepted, a message will appear in your log stating that your bid was placed.
If you are the high bidder, the bid button will change color and tell you that you have the winning bid.
Watch the message log until another bid is placed or the lot is closed.
Heritage Live! is an outstanding way to place a bid during the live portion of an auction. However, we know that sometimes you may not wish to sit at your computer for a long stretch of time waiting for an item to come up for bidding. To that end, Heritage Live! also offers LiveProxy bidding, where you can enter a bid to be placed on your behalf once the lot comes up for auction.
To place a LiveProxy bid through Heritage Live!, just scroll down the lot listings of the current session to the item you want.
From here, there are two ways to place bids. Similar to traditional batch bidding, you can enter the dollar amount you want to bid in the
box (figure 1 above) next to the appropriate item(s), then click on the "Bid Live/Proxy" button (figure 2 above) to place your bids.
Or, if you wish to take a closer look at the item before placing your bid, just click on the image or description of the item.
This will bring up a small window dedicated to the specific lot.
From here, just enter your bid into the "Live/Proxy Bid" box, and click the "Bid Now" button.
You can track your Heritage Live! proxy bids, as well. Just click on the My Bids/Tracked Lots pane to review all of your proxy bids.
From here, you can modify or even cancel any Heritage Live! proxy bids at any time before the lot comes up for auction.
IMPORTANT: This screen does not show any bids you may have placed through the traditional methods at HA.com.
In addition, Heritage Live! proxy bids are not reflected in the Current Bid amount.
Heritage Live! will send the high proxy bid to the auction floor when the lot comes up for auction.
If you're LiveProxy bid is outbid on the floor, you still have the chance to place another bid with one click!